Monday, January 14, 2008

Curing Toyko's Unhealthy Bank Robbing Epidemic- by Legal Pub


How does society reduce crime and promote health? A simple review of the facts leads to a possible solution. Every day 20 banks are robbed. In almost all cases, there is a get away car used in the escape. A car uses 1.6 ounces of gas idling for one minute. Half an ounce is used to start the average automobile. Due to overuse of motor vehicles, in Tokyo, a bicycle is faster than a car for most trips of less than 50 minutes. The average bank robbery nets $2,500, so economy is important even to bank robbers. The human heart beats over 100,000 times a day. However, with regular aerobic exercise, the resting heart rate of a trained person substantially decreases. So what guidance does this give society? In Japan, we can have healthier, richer, bank robbers who have a better chance of escape if they regularly rob banks using bicycles as their get away transportation.

Ironically, this may also reduce the rate of bank robberies since bicycle riding thieves will be saving money on gasoline.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I would be in better shape if I changed my occupation?

Shell

Anonymous said...

Lots of down time today. Had fun in the big surf last week, but now time to surf the internet and expand my mind. So, for fact checking, I counted my heart beats for 24 hours and came up with only 997,987. Does that mean I lack heart?

Surfer Dude

Anonymous said...

Shell got you beat with her story today!

Bob P.

Ms Calabaza said...

Surfer dude,
me thinks you're all heart

Shell, you made my day by posting George in the swimming pool

LP, does a moped count? I'm gettin' old ya know . . .

Anonymous said...

I think Clooney alone gets the heart pumping.

Kathryn

P.S. Legal Pub, you rock!

Anonymous said...

Awesome L.P.